Today I’m sharing a fun and interesting post I came across by Mary Jaksch on a website called Writetodone.com . 50 Quotes from writers on how to become a good writer. These should bring a smile and perhaps be some inspiration for some of us as writers for the new year!
“Do you want to become a good writer? Check out these 50 quotes and be inspired, sustained and entertained on your journey as a writer.”
How to Become a Good Writer
- “I feel like part of getting better at writing is knowing where to find that inspiration. Right after something happens to me, the first thing I’ll do is go write when those feelings are really, really fresh.” ~ Troye Sivan
- “I’m not patient at all. I avoid writer’s block by writing. I power through with a bad version, so I can move on, and usually once I’ve gotten to the next scene, I’ll discover what was missing from the bad version scene. Then I can easily rewrite it to get back on the right path.” ~ Anders Holm
- “I think one of the keys to better writing is releasing all of your ideas and to not be afraid. Dream big. This could be the greatest novel in the world you know.” ~ Adora Svita
- “Writers get ideas all day every day. The FedEx guy delivers a package from Sears and the writer is thinking how it could actually be a ticking time bomb.” ~ Dan Alatorre
- “Writers don’t forget the past; they turn it into raw material.” ~ Joyce Rachelle
- “Coffee, my delight of the morning; yoga, my delight of the noon. Then before nightfall, I run along the pleasant paths of the Jardin du Luxembourg. For when air cycles through the lungs, and the body is busy at noble tasks, creativity flows like water in a stream: the artist creates, the writer writes.” ~ Roman Payne
Continue reading these interesting thoughts HERE
Source: How To Become a Good Writer: 50 Quotes From The Greats | WTD
12 thoughts on “How To Become a Good Writer: 50 Quotes From The Greats | WTD”
Very timely for me Debby.. I think perhaps I need to digest these quotes for 2017 LOL.. 🙂 Thank you my friend xx ❤
Glad I could share some good food for thought with you Sue. 🙂 xoxo
Great list! I especially related to # 4 about the FedEx guy. Yesterday my window washer came. When I found out he had an Amish background I knew I had a story. Thanks, Debby!
Glad you liked these Marian. It’s interesting to see what creative minds think up. 🙂
More great stuff. One more thing I need to do in 2017–repost good stuff from others. It WILL be a wonderfully successful year! 🙂
Yes it will John. Thanks for approving. 🙂
There are a whole lot of keepers in this list, Deb. Love them.
Thought you’d enjoy this Jacqui! 🙂
Those are inspiring quotes dg…often when I feel dejected, I go to Goodreads quotes. Thanks for sharing.
Oh good Balroop, then these should help you too. :)(
Debby, you are a master at finding and sharing the most fascinating and useful websites for writers. I have bookmarked http://www.writetodone.com and plan to visit often. At the start of a new writing year, these quotes are right on time. Thank you!
Thanks Ann. I too thought they were timely for the new year. And good you’ve bookmarked because that site actually has a lot going on for writers, also offering some paid freelance writing gigs. 🙂