Today’s Sunday Book Review is for Watching The Daisies – Life Lessons on the Importance of Slow by Brigid Gallagher. A beautiful autobiographical journey of life, challenges and a journey to healing.
If you enjoyed “Eat, Pray, Love-You will love this travel memoir!”
Millions of people around the world suffer from fibromyalgia; the majority of them are women. As yet, there is no cure.
In this memoir, Brigid P. Gallagher shares her experiences on:
- The busy life she followed before succumbing to this debilitating disease
- Stopping and soul searching for answers to her vast array of symptoms
- Entering a new life of SLOW
- Drawing on her knowledge and experience as a Natural Medicines therapist, she seeks out therapies to aid her healing and integrates a variety of self help techniques and lifestyle changes. She also unearths a love of solo travel including Egypt, India, Rome, Lourdes, Carcassonne and Bali…
- Brigid learns many
- about LIFE on her journey, the most valuable being:
“First learn to love thyself.”
My 5 Star Review:
In this beautiful autobiographic by Brigid Gallagher, she takes us through her journey through beautiful locales painting beautiful imagery, and draws us into her trials and tribulations with ongoing health issues and her road to finding healing and solace.
We get to travel vicariously through the author from her wonderful childhood in Ireland through her many moves and travels to places such as: India, Rome, Bali, Madeira and more! With chronic immune system issues and flare ups, Gallagher is driven to study natural therapies, and shares her proficient lessons through her learning the healing powers of crystals, aromatherapy, reflexology, herbs, gardening, and feng shui, just to name a few of the author’s accomplishments.
Gallagher demonstrates her passion for life and learning, and how to enjoy life despite life’s interruptions and curve balls. If you enjoyed Eat Pray Love, you’ll love this book!