It’s that time of the month again where a group of us writers post something about good things going on in the world to deflect from the negative for the #WATWB – We are the World Blogfest. Today I chose to share a great article I came across about #Kindness, the only task is to do one good thing a week that could make a difference in somebody’s life – 52 Good Deeds to Help Heal the World in 2021.
You can help heal the world by doing good acts, large and small. Since kindness is contagious, your good deeds can spur others to do the same. and since research shows that volunteering and helping others can lead to better health and more happiness, you will be helping yourself too.
Don’t know where to start? Here’s a list of good deeds that you can do even in a socially distanced world:
1. Skype or call a friend to see how they are doing
2. Donate your stimulus check
3. Give an old winter coat to Goodwill
4. Walk your neighbor’s dog
5. Shovel snow (or mow the grass) for an elderly neighbor
6. Donate canned goods to a food pantry
7. Say thank you to an essential worker
8. Ask for donations in your name instead of birthday gifts
9. Bring groceries to an elderly person
10. Use a search engine that supports a cause
11. Donate blood
12. Teach someone a skill they can use
13. Wear a mask and keep socially distant
14. Leave positive comments on social media
Please continue reading more wonderful suggestions at the original post on Goodnet.
If you’d like to take part in posting the last Friday of every month and sharing your link in our WATWB Facebook Group, anyone is welcome. Hosts this month are: