I was thrilled to be nominated for the Blogger Recognition Award by Stevie Turner. With each award there are rules of courtesy to follow. Here are the rules:
1. Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
2. Write a post to show your award.
3. Give a brief story of how your blog started.
4. Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
5. Select up to fifteen bloggers you want to give this award to.
6. Comment (or pingback) on each blog to let them know that you’ve nominated them and provide a link to the post you’ve created.
How my blog got started:
I began blogging in 2013 about 8 months before I published my first book. I had no clue what I’d be blogging about, just that I learned it’s best to get blogging if you’re going to be self-published. I think it took me a good year to find a comfortable place about what I wanted my blog to represent – even though it is still a bit eclectic, but that’s my personality. Eventually, through discovering blogs I enjoyed reading and then forming friendships with other bloggers, my blog reading expanded exponentially. After almost two years of blogging I decided to get my own domain and website – always a cautious person that if anything went down the tubes with WordPress I wouldn’t lose my blog. The rest is history!
Two pieces of advice for new bloggers:
- Comments on our blogs are like gold, just as reviews are for our books. If you want your community to grow – like, share, leave comments on other’s blogs and you will find all will be reciprocated. You get what you give!
- My pet peeve – blogs written in tiny print on background colors drowning the already tiny print is a double no no. Blogs that are difficult to read will have people leaving. I know, because I do the same. Make your blogs welcoming and eye appealing for readers.
I don’t typically pick out names to nominate others because I don’t like to single anyone out or leave anyone out because I treasure all my readers, but today I’m going to pass this award along with a theme to help me choose. I’m nominating some writer friends who have been some of my biggest supporters and have helped me many times over with either beta, proofing, and early feedback for my books along the way to publication. I know some have already received this award, and you don’t have to follow protocol if you choose not to. Just know you have been acknowledged. ♥
Thank you all! ♥
Note: No surprise Sally Cronin was been nominated more than once, and once again, generously nominated me again. Sally has created an image for the award that I have proudly added to this post.
More Notes: Since the posting of this thank you post, I’d like to acknowledge that I humbly have also been nominated by Colleen Chesebro and Sue Vincent. Thank you so much to all of you. I am thrilled to know I’ve made a difference to all of you at least in some small way. ♥
Follow Me on Social Media!