I came across this ‘word salad’ post by Raili over at Soulgifts. Some of these word associations are just hilarious!!! I hope you enjoy these neologisms as much as me and Raili’s readers have.
Saturday Smiles – Words, Words, Words
new words or a new use for an old word, or the act of making up new words
in mental health used to describe a symptom of brain dysfunction
as is the delightful term word salad used to describe a string of random words
Now, down to business.
Cobs over at Cobweborium Emporium brought my attention to this delightful list from the Washington Post’s annual neologism contest:
- Coffee (n), the person upon whom one coughs.
- Flabbergasted (adj) appalled over how much weight you have gained.
- Abdicate (v) to give up all hope of ever having a flat stomach.
- Esplanade (v) to attempt an explanation while drunk.
- Willy-nilly (adj), impotent.
- Negligent (adj), describes a condition in which you absent mindedly answer the door in your nightgown.
- Lymph (v), to walk with a lisp.
- Gargoyle (n), gross live-flavoured mouthwash.
- Flatulence (n), emergency vehicle that picks you up after you are run over by a steamroller.
- Balderdash (n), a rapidly receding hairline.
- Rectitude (n), the formal, dignified bearing adopted by proctologists.
- Pokemon (n), a Rastafarian proctologists.
- Circumvent (n), an opening in the front of boxer shorts worn by Jewish men.
- Frisbeetararianism (n), (back by popular demand): The belief that when you die, your soul flies up onto the roof and gets stuck there. Oh yes there are more!!!! Please continue reading HERE
****Don’t forget to vote for your favorite bloggers for the Annual Bloggers Bash. I’ve been nominated for ‘Best Pal’ Blogger. Please VOTE HERE for your favorite Bloggers. Only 3 days left!Follow Me on Social Media!