I was kindly invited over to Karen’s blog mytrainofthoughtson to be part of her author postings of 10 Statements. Karen is a generous blogger who has a diversified blog full of her thoughts and writing, book reviews, and guest author posts.
Below you will find a reblog of Karen’s post with my 10 Statements, just click on ‘Continue’ below to read more.
10 Statements by D.G. Kaye
I’m a nonfiction memoir writer who likes to write about life, matters of the heart and women’s issues. My intent is to inspire others by sharing my stories about events I encountered, and the lessons that come along with them.
I love to laugh, and self-medicate with a daily dose of humor. When I’m not writing intimate memoirs, you’ll find me writing with humor in some of my other works and blog posts. If I’m not writing, I’m reading or quite possibly looking after some mundane thing in life. It’s also possible I may be on a secret getaway trip, as that is my passion—traveling
My personal mottoes:
“Be careful what you wish for, because you just might get it.”
“Do unto others as you would do unto yourself.”
A typical work day begins with… coffee and breakfast. If it’s a writing day, I begin right after breakfast, or it’s not going to happen that day once I get on the computer and work on other things such as: writing blogs, posting on social media, reading newsletters, marketing and publications.
I lose track of time… once I get on the computer. Once I start navigating around and clicking links, one thing leads to another, then my husband suddenly appears home from work, hoping I’ll be off the computer in time to make him dinner.
I have always… been a firm believer in the phrase: ‘Don’t put off for tomorrow what you can get done today.’ I always set my goals up for each day of things I need to accomplish the next day, in order to avoid a backlog of my ‘to do’ list. I’m usually pretty good at being able to tick off everything I wanted to accomplish each day, providing something unforeseen doesn’t creep up to cause delays. Hence, don’t put off for tomorrow. Continue Reading:
Source: 10 Statements – D. G. Kaye | My train of thoughts on…
D.G. Kaye ©2015
I love reading my favorite blogs at night when I’m sitting on my comfy couch with my laptop on my lap, in front the of television, as I half, pay attention to whatever it is on TV. It’s always a pleasant surprise when I read a post where a fellow blogger has received an award and I surprisingly find my name added as a nominee they wish to share this award with.
I am blessed to have made many friends here amongst my readers, and to have received many awards from them. I know there are many writers who refuse to accept any more awards for reasons I can well understand. Those of us who write, understand the time it takes to write a post, make and post photos, add links, and everything else involved in posting. And as we all know, time seems to be something we all just don’t have enough of.
I choose not to tell others I don’t accept awards, but due to time restraints, I don’t always abide by the rules of acceptance. I kind of do my own thing. I like to post the awards in gratitude of those who have given me consideration, and have taken the time to nominate me, and I like to offer them to all my blogging friends because I feel all are deserving of these same awards.
Today I’d like to thank Karen of MyTrainofThoughts for nominating me for, not one, but two awards. I was truly touched to be included as a nominee from Karen’s esteemed blog. The two awards are:
Visit this blog HERE
Visit this blog HERE
Karen has asked that I share 7 facts about myself:
- 1. I always seem to be reading two books at the same time. My mood will dictate which one I pick up.
- 2. I’ve also seemed to develop a pattern of writing two books at the same time.
- 3. I’m not a ‘foodie’. For a girl with a versatile imagination and flair for style and travel, I basically eat to survive, a very plain and boring diet. Typically I’ll eat a gluten-free quinoa waffle with almond butter, sprinkled with flax and hemp seeds for breakfast. Lunch would be two eggs (yolks only) on a flax and chia tortilla wrap, and dinner is typically some kind of chicken or fish with veggies and a small helping of a healthy carb. Some would think it’s a pretty boring day to day diet, but it’s healthy, it fills me, and it doesn’t agitate my crazy intestines.
- 4. I abhor injustice, and I’m a very opinionated person about them vocally, but you won’t hear much of this from me here in cyber space for fear of repercussions and trolls.
- 5. In my head, I’m still 30 years old. . . but my body doesn’t hesitate to remind me otherwise. . . sometimes.
- 6. I love NFL football. You will find me every Sunday during the season, on my couch with laptop, reading blogs and flicking through all games throughout the day.
- 7. I’m always in search for the ‘perfect’ anti-aging cream. ‘Nuff said.
Thank you again Karen for nominating me for these awards. They are being added to my Award page where I display the awards I’ve received and who they were given to me by.
Now all you deserving readers, please help yourself to copy and pasting one or both of these awards for yourselves, from me to you.
D.G. Kaye ©2015
As bloggers we love to share our words and thoughts with others, sometimes just sharing information and at other times we may even bear our souls on our pages. The wonderful thing about blogging is the great community of support we receive from each other. It is always encouraging to know that someone out there either enjoyed our words or took something from them. With this being said, I would like to thank www.mytrainofthoughtson.wordpress.com for her consideration of me for nominating me for two awards.
In appreciation of receiving these awards, the rules are to nominate others in recognition of their work, list seven things about myself, post the awards and always link back in gratitude to the person who awarded you.
7 Things About me:
1. I am an eternal optimist
2. I am always writing something in my head
3. I love to shop (a huge weakness)
4. I feel compelled to find ways to solve other people’s problems
5. I love playing poker
6. I am fascinated with biographies
7. I am always planning my next vacation. I love to travel.
I WOULD LOVE TO NOMINATE THESE PEOPLE FOR THEIR LOYALTY IN READING: