Another month has come to the end and that means the last Friday of the month is time to post about some of the good things going on in the world for the #WATWB – We are the World Blogfest. I thought it was the perfect time of year with Thanksgiving and Christmas on its way to share some wonderful deeds that we can all partake in, if only just one of these 52 gestures to contribute to making somebody’s day. This post was written in early 2019, but it’s evergreen. It’s never too late to start and there is no expiry date!
52 Big and Small Good Deeds to Help Change the World in 2019
One good deed can lead to another so pass it on.
You can make a real difference, one good deed at a time. When you perform acts of kindness, it doesn’t just help others, it’s good for you too. Doing good deeds, no matter how small, makes you feel better too.
1. Thank the salesperson who helped you
2. Buy an extra can of food to donate to a food drive or food bank
3. Help someone find a lost pet
4. Let someone go in front of you in line
5. Bring flowers to patients in the hospital or to the nurses’ station
6. Weed a community garden
7. Apologize when you are wrong
8. Buy a buy-one-get-one pair of shoes or socks
9. Prepare food for firemen or policemen who have to work on a holiday.
10. Put out a bird feeder for the winter birds
11. Put an encouraging note in your child’s or partners’ lunch bag.
12. Be the designated driver and make sure your friends celebrate safely
13. Smile at a random stranger – smiles are contagious
14. Ask someone to give a donation in your name instead of a gift
15. Pick up trash in a park or at the beach
16. Donate your hair to Locks of Love
17. Donate to your local school to help a child pay for their school trip
18. Help an elderly or young person cross the street
19. Put your change in a donation box when you shop
20. Donate blood or join the bone marrow registry
21. Pay it forward by paying for a cup of coffee for the person behind you in line.
22. Buy a meal for a homeless person
23. Bring a cake to work
24. Take public transportation or carpool instead of driving to work
25. Tell the manager about an employee who gave great customer service
26. Donate school supplies for children in homeless shelters
27. Volunteer for an hour at a senior center or nursing home
28. Hold the door open for the person behind you especially if they are carrying bags.
29. Sign up for a CPR course, you never know when you might need it
30. Bring a meal over to someone who just left the hospital
31. Donate clothing to goodwill or a clothing drive.
32. Give up your seat on the subway or bus to someone who needs it
33. Compliment a stranger’s new haircut or outfit
34. Sign up to be an organ donor
35. Go to an animal shelter and play with the puppies
36. Donate period products to a shelter for abused women
37. Plant a tree
38. Offer to babysit for a new parent
39. Donate old eyeglasses to an organization that will reuse them
40. Recycle plastic bottles, paper and whatever else is collectible
41. Help a friend move even if there are stairs
42. Shovel out your neighbor’s walkway or mow their lawn
43. Save the mini shampoo bottles and soaps from a hotel stay and donate them to a homeless shelter
44. Walk or run for a cause
45. Bring a welcoming gift to a new neighbor
46. Read a book to children – yours, a relative’s, or volunteer at your local preschool
47. Turn the lights off anytime you leave the room to save energy
48. Help someone change a flat tire
49. Share your umbrella with a stranger
50. Return shopping carts at the grocery store and leave the quarter in it for the next person
51. Give books to a street library
52. Leave a server a generous tip before a holiday
Thank you to Bonnie Riva Ras for this inspirational list at Goodnet.org
This month’s WATWB is hosted by:
Damyanti Biswas – http://www.damyantiwrites.com/ –
Lizbeth Hartz – https://www.authorlizbethhartz.com/blog/ –
Shilpa Garg – http://shilpaagarg.com/ –
Peter Nena – https://drkillpatient01.wordpress.com/ –
Simon Falk – https://simonfalk28.wordpress.com/ –
Follow Me on Social Media!